Chemical Peels Treatment
Get rid of Skin Damage, Blemishes, Acne, Acne Scars, Wrinkles, aging effects, & Hyperpigmentation with only a Chemical
In the modern world, it is difficult to keep the natural, flawless of your skin without the help of effective skin products, precautions, and the right treatments. The effects of the sun, pollution, chemical exposure and medical treatments cause a number of side effects on the skin, thereby realizing wrinkles, acne, melasma, hyperpigmentation and so on. However, chemical peels can be your immediate solution for many skin problems.
What is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is simply a solution applied on the skin, especially the face, hands, neck, and the back to smoothen the skin, improve the texture and eliminate the prevailing skin problems. A chemical peel works by exfoliating the outer layer of the skin, removing dead skin cells, and freshening your skin.
A chemical peel also penetrates to the other layers (deeper) of the skin depending on the type used. It is completely a minimally invasive procedure of rejuvenating the skin.
How a Chemical Peel Works
- First and foremost, before obtaining a chemical peel treatment in India, make sure that you consult an experienced beautician or cosmetic surgeon to discuss the pros and cons of a chemical peel.
- Depending on the type of chemical peel used, the beautician will prepare the skin to be treated and will gently apply a chemical peel on the skin. He may choose to leave it on for some few minutes as he may observe necessary.
- As the surgeon or beautician applies the chemical peel, he focuses on the controlled destruction of the epidermis to prevent excessive damage to the skin.
- Once the epidermis is destroyed, exfoliation occurs and all the superficial lesions are eliminated hence regenerating the skin.
Who is the right Candidate for a Chemical peel?
There are different types of chemical peels that can be used and that means that you can get a chemical peel suitable for your skin but the following matter;
- Light skinned individuals or fair individuals and those with light hair are good candidates for chemical peels treatment
- The presence of lesions, acne, wrinkles and any other skin irregularity can make you a candidate for a chemical peel, however;
- Pregnant or nursing mothers aren’t ideal candidates
- If you are tanning, suffering from different skin disorders such as dermatitis, rosacea, and psoriasis chemical peel treatment isn’t right for you
Types of Chemical Peels
The different types of chemical peels, but are mostly categorized into the following;
- Superficial Chemical Peels
- Medium Chemical Peels
- Deep Chemical Peels
More elaboration of the peels;
- 1. Alpha Hydroxy Acid Peels
These are naturally occurring carboxylic acids easily obtained from tomatoes and other kinds of foodstuffs. These can be used for fine wrinkles or skin problems that aren’t intense.
- 2. Salicylic Acid Peel/Beta Hydroxy Acid Peels
This is more effective than the Alpha Hydroxy Peel since it penetrates into the pores of the skin. This peel removes dead skin cells, controls sebum secretion, controls acne, are known to have anti-inflammatory agents.
- 3. Retinoic Acid Peel
This is a stronger peel compared to the first two and it is mainly offered by professional cosmetologists. A retinoic acid peel works on hyper-pigmentation due to sun exposure, scars or photo-aging. It helps in many other ways such as;
Increasing the oxygen supply to the skin
Clears more irregularities
Penetrates deeper into the skin
- 4. Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) peel
This is the strongest chemical peel that requires general expertise while treating a patient. It penetrates to all the layers of the skin (reticular dermis) and best on darker individuals.
It smoothens the surface wrinkles, works on the skin’s pigmentation, and eliminates superficial blemishes.
- 5. Phenol Peel
This type of chemical peel penetrates to the different layers of the skin and causes effective exfoliation of the skin.
The Cost of Chemical Peel Treatment
Factors like the type of the chemical peel, the clinic, number of sessions, and the location of the clinic will influence your Chemical Peel Treatment Cost in India. The aftercare must also be put into consideration since it will require additional costs in case a deeper peel is used.